Supporting the Individual
MyLiferaft is about the person. It is a solution that puts the individual requiring support at the centre of the care circle and empowers them to take ownership. In doing so, we enable the individual to be confident, safe and happy in their daily lives.
Joe* is a young man with a full and active life even though he has a long-term condition. He has a circle of carers who need 24/7 access to his care and health information (which he updates himself) to be able to support him. The following questions are most important to him:
- How can I track my progress in reaching my goals?
- What are my rights as a disabled person?
- What online tools are available to help me manage all my university activities, my doctors & consultants, and send alerts to remind me?
- Is there a tool where I can monitor my diet and nutrition needs?
MyLiferaft can provide Joe* the following solutions:
Efficiency: alerts for appointments
- Always be prepared with up-to-date information for assessments and meetings
- Consistent, timely, accurate information
- Helping others to understand your needs better
- Running tailored reports
Empowerment: you control and own our own information
- You can set your own goals and monitor progress
- Easy access to your information before and during meetings and appointments
- Access to additional resources for making more informed decisions
Like Joe*, Janice* also has a 24/7 care circle, however she is unable to update and manage her own information. She relies on her main carer to update her paperwork and communicate the changes in her care. Janice wants to know:
- What respite care is available for the elderly?
- How can I keep my family updated with my care plans?
- Where can I find out more about social care available in my local community?
- What are the early signs of dementia?
MyLiferaft is able to support Janice and her care circle with:
Accessibility: access for you and your carer
- All your care, health and well-being information in one place
- Secure 24/7 access
- Accessible from any device i.e. laptop, tablet and mobile phone
Sharing: helping you to communicate your needs
- Consistency of information being shared ensures better quality of care
- Share what you want, when you want and with whom you want
- Different share options available: share directly with others online or send them a pdf report
As well as the MyLiferaft Resources page, we also want you to know about Events that are taking place around the country that offer you the opportunity to meet like-minded people. They can also give you the opportunity to find out about new products and technology that can assist you as your life changes.
* Joe and Janice are fictional characters designed to show how MyLiferaft could support people in similar circumstances.