WOW – where did that year go? Are you fully embracing the festive season writing lists and wrapping presents, or are you hiding behind a big tin of chocolates trying not to think about everything you have to do!? Well, which ever camp you fall in to, Christmas is most definitely around the corner!
This year above all has been an amazing year for the team in so many ways, and we have our brilliant MyLiferaft community to thank for that; here’s a snap shot of our year:
- More people than ever are using MyLiferaft to help manage their health, care and well-being. To find out if MyLiferaft can help you or someone you care for, click here.
- Our followers across social media have hit an all-time high; Thank You, as your support of our messages really does make a difference.
- In recognition of MyLiferaft’s impact on supporting carers our Founder, Nicola Murgatroyd, was asked to take part in an industry panel discussion on ‘Future Care’ at Naidex earlier this year.
We were also thrilled to have been awarded the Naidex 2019 Professional Award that acknowledges the innovation and immeasurable contribution that MyLiferaft has made towards the healthcare profession both now and into the future.
Festive School Holiday Activities
There is always that difficult few days between school breaking up and Father Christmas’s arrival where it can be tough to keep your children entertained. Don’t despair as MyLiferaft can help! We’ve put together a list of activities for all ages and abilities that will keep you and your children happy!
- Make a Christmas wreath – you may be able to use a few bits from the garden or collect twigs, cones and foliage on a walk.
- If you are into baking, bake some Christmas biscuits and let the children go mad decorating them. This is brilliant albeit a little messy, but at least you have a treat for afternoon tea!
- Snuggle up with your favourite Christmas movie – and don’t forget the snacks!
- If you love crafts, then making Christmas bunting to hang round the house and in the children’s bedrooms could while away a few hours!
- Make some paper snow-flakes to put on the windows or, if you are feeling really brave, you could use the fake snow in a tin to make spray-on snow-flakes!
To see more ideas and suggestions for school holiday activities, see our Resources. We would love to hear if you have a festive activity that you would like to share with the rest of the MyLiferaft community! Just send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stress Free Christmas
Getting to the big Ho Ho Ho and then ‘mopping up’ after Christmas can be a stressful time for many; concerns over cost, how to manage family dynamics, maintaining healthy regimes and managing expectations. Read our Jolly Holly Christmas blog for top tips, ideas and additional resources to help you through the tinsel mountain!
In Conversation with Anna Kennedy OBE
I am excited to let you know that I will be talking to the inspirational Anna Kennedy on Tuesday 7th January via her show on Woman’s Radio Station. Anna has two sons who were diagnosed with Autism and her fund raising, as well as awareness raising, has got people talking about Autism.
I will be sharing my daughter Faith’s story with Anna, and talking as one Mum to another about our children, I hope this will inspire others in a similar situation.
We love hearing from our MyLiferaft community, so if you have something to say, something to share or need some support on using MyLiferaft, then please contact us via;
- Email email@example.com
- Call us on 03302 231192
- Complete the Contact Us form
- Reach us via our Twitter and Facebook pages @MyLiferaft
From everyone at the MyLiferaft team, may I personally take this opportunity to thank you for your continued support during 2019, and to wish you a Happy Christmas and a peaceful New Year.
CEO & Founder of MyLiferaft