MyLiferaft for Friends
Having friends who are there when you need them is a vital and natural part of living within society. However circumstances can suddenly change, an accident, a bereavement, an illness and this can have a big impact on the dynamics of any relationship.
There can be feelings of fear, anxiety, maybe a sense of bewilderment and loss. These feelings can be overwhelming and people might withdraw and drift away just when support is needed more than ever.
What Friends told us
- What if I do something wrong
- I could do more harm than good
- I don’t want to offend
- I feel embarrassed having to ask
- They might be embarrassed having to discuss personal details with me
- I don’t know how to help
- Who would I contact in an emergency
- How would I get in touch with the doctor
MyLiferaft Helping Friends
Friendship is a two way process and both parties can benefit from having a MyLiferaft account. Use the account to help to express your needs and share this with your friends. They will be more comfortable knowing and understanding exactly how you want to be supported. Sharing can bring you closer.
- Setting up an account and working through sections together can help form better relationships and understanding. Pick and choose what to add.
- Sharing information helps everyone know exactly what to do so they don’t have to ask. But you remain in control over who sees what.
- Sharing reports means only changing information once and everyone is able to see the new information.
- Using some of the features can help with specific aspects e.g a problem with memory can be helped by reminders, calendar, journal.
- Track information over time
- Access a database of helpful resources
Creating an account is easy
Click on the Log in/ Sign Up button and follow the steps