WOW – where did the year go?!
Are you fully embracing the festive season writing lists and wrapping presents or, are you hiding behind a big tin of chocolates trying not to think about everything you have to do!? Well, which ever camp you fall in to, Christmas is most definitely around the corner!
It has been quite a year for the team here with so much having happened – here’s a snapshot:
- The new home-page for our website has been launched making it easier for you to find your way around our site.
- Updates to MyLiferaft have included the addition of messaging, a more colourful interface and streamlining of some features.
- Ed Moses, Deputy Director of the Department of Health talked about MyLiferaft in a recent speech.
- We’ve supported more charities and awareness campaigns via our blogs.
- Our social media reach has grown – thank you for following us and keeping us on our social toes! Please continue to like and share our posts.
- We were featured in the brilliant UCan2 Magazine – you can read the articles here.
- We’ve attended several large health and technology exhibitions and have received lots of positive feedback.
Launch of New Subscriptions
In September we launched two new accounts which give you the flexibility to choose the one that works best for you and your family. All new MyLiferaft subscribers’ are now set up with a Standard account automatically and no payment details are needed! However, you can also upgrade to a MyLiferaft Premium account at any time to have access to the full range of benefits. For more details of the two accounts or to try now, click here.
Earlier this year, we shared with you Sofia’s Story which is based on the experiences of MyLiferaft Founder & CEO, Nicola Murgatroyd and her daughter Faith. We have showed this video to lots of people over the last few months – business leaders, users of MyLiferaft, charities and carers – and all fully understand how MyLiferaft can make a positive change to people’s lives.
Festive School Holiday Activities
There is always that difficult few days between school breaking up and Father Christmas’s arrival where it can be difficult to keep your children entertained. Don’t despair as MyLiferaft can help! We’ve put together a list of activities for all ages and abilities that will keep you and children happy!
- Make a Christmas wreath – you may be able to use a few bits from the garden or collect twigs, cones and foliage on a walk.
- If you are into baking, bake some Christmas biscuits and let the children go mad decorating them. This is brilliant albeit a little messy, but at least you have a treat for afternoon tea!
- Snuggle up with your favourite Christmas movie – and don’t forget the snacks!
- If you love crafts, then making Christmas bunting to hang round the house and in the children’s bedrooms could while away a few hours!
- Make some paper snow-flakes to put on the windows.
To see more ideas and suggestions for school holiday activities, see our Resources. We would love to hear if you have a festive activity that you would like to share with the rest of the MyLiferaft community! Just send it to email@example.com.
Stress Free Christmas
Getting to the big Ho Ho Ho and then ‘mopping up’ after Christmas can be a stressful time for many; concerns over cost, how to manage family dynamics, maintaining healthy regimes and managing expectations. Below are links to several websites to give a guiding hand.
- Money Saving Expert
- How to Reduce Christmas Stress
- Expert Home Tips
- Scope Christmas tips for parents and carers of disabled children
New For 2019
There are exciting times ahead in 2019 for MyLiferaft!
- We continue to review our website to make sure it is delivering up-to-date information through our blog as well as in our Events and Resources pages.
- For those of you that use MyLiferaft through your mobile phone, watch out for our improved interface!
- We are excited to be working with two specialist universities on joint research and how MyLiferaft can make positive changes to people’s lives.
Be sure to keep signed up to our Newsletter so you are the first to hear our news!
We love hearing from our MyLiferaft community, so if you have something to say, something to share or need some support on using MyLiferaft, then please contact us via;
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call us on 03302 231192
- Complete the Contact Us form
- Reach us via our Twitter and Facebook pages @MyLiferaft
From everyone at the MyLiferaft team, may I personally take this opportunity to thank you for your continued support during 2018, and to wish you a Happy Christmas and a peaceful New Year.
CEO & Founder of MyLiferaft